Friday, November 11, 2005

Trinidad vs Bahrain (World Cup 2006 Qualifier)

History is hopefully in the making for my country as we prepare to play two World Cup qualifying matches against Bahrain on the 12th and 16th November, 2005. The first match will be played on our home ground so today there is a tangible air of excitement and expectation as we get ready for tomorrow’s match. Our national colours of red, white and black are very much evident today from Trinis wanting to show support. The last time we were this close to qualifying was in 1989 (?) when we lost our qualifying match to the United States (no hard feelings, people :0).

I admit I don’t really follow sports as such and don’t know much about football (soccer to some). For example, I still don’t understand what it means to be offside. I do know however that when the ball goes inside of the net it’s a ggggggoooooooaaaaaaalllllllll. We’re hoping for lots of those.

No comments: