Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Voice In The Wind


At 4.48 a.m. on Sunday 30 April 2006 I finally finished reading A Voice in the Wind, the first book in the Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivera. A lot of tears were involved in the reading of this book. I think it’s my favorite Christian fiction book ever with the exception of Redeeming Love (also by Francine Rivers). One thing is certain; Ms. Rivers’ writing impacts a reader like no other that I’ve read before and with the unmistakable good news of the gospel. Hadassah’s struggle to share the fullness of the gospel with her owners is something we’ve probably all faced at one time or another. Of course, the penalty of a gruesome death was not hanging over our heads. But witnessing might have cost us friends and loved ones unable to accept the truth.

I think that that’s what impacted me greatest was the love that Hadassah showed to all. She treated everyone with a compassion and respect that was truly divine. God used her to touch a lot of lives with His love and that brought home to me that this is what He desires of us even now. If we love as Christ loves us it would be easier to forgive those that hurt us and when we see our fellow man mired in sin, our hearts would burn for the lost soul and it would be unthinkable not to share the gospel with them. I prayed that God would touch my heart so that I would have that type of love and desire to share the gospel no matter the cost to myself.

No comments: