Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In Other Words 14_10_2008

IOW pic

“A pharisee is hard on others and easy on himself,but a spiritual man is easy on others and hard on himself.” by A.W.Tozer


This quote carries me right back to Luke 18:11-13 where I see the prayer of the sinner and the prayer of the Pharisee. I remember being like the Pharisee. Not necessarily praying like him and pointing out the sins of others but having that invincible feeling that I could do no wrong because, of course, I loved God so much. That lasted till I fell. Again. And Again.

1 Cor 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.(KJV)

Now even when I see the wrong of others I try not to judge because my weaknesses come before me. My sin comes before me. I’m reminded that I am kept only by the grace of God. I go before him with fear and trembling because I want to be right and stay right with Him. When I see the wrongs of others, I remember that sometimes i do things i don't want to do and don't do things i really want to do. This really helps me to keep perspective on things and also it's easier to show love/understanding to someone else in their own situation. Because believe me I've been there and it's only through His mercies that i can still say Abba Father.

Gal 6:1
1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. (KJV)

No comments: