Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In Other Words: Delivered From Fear

Ps 91:10-11
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
(KJV)

One of the biggest things I’ve been delivered from since becoming a Christian is fear. As a young girl I remember times when I would wake up in the night, petrified that some danger lurked beyond the doors. I recall sitting and staring at the front or back door, afraid to go back to sleep. I was a teenager during this time, not a small child having nightmares and afraid of the boogeyman. Other times I would wake up pinned to my bed, unable to move but there was no one there. I would look towards my sisters in a neighbouring bed and be unable to call out to them. Relief would come only as I prayed the only prayers I then knew: the Our Father prayer and the 23rd Psalm. I didn’t know Jesus then but when I did come to know Him as my Lord and Saviour, I was freed from this tormenting kind of fear. The words of this scripture became real to me. The Lord gave his angels charge over me and covered me with his blood. Since then I’ve never experienced this tormenting kind of fear or wakened with that feeling of being pinned to my bed, helpless. I have been set free. Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Kelly,
I just went back to Writing Canvas and noticed that I missed your post somehow! I'm a very faithful commenter too. :) Sorry. You must have posted late in the day?

What a blessing to be delivered from that sort of fear. Fear is a very real thing. I've been there at times in my life too. I praise God with you!

It's very nice to meet you and I'll look forward to hearing from you again.

Have a wonderful day.
Lynnette
www.lynnettekraft.blogspot.com