Monday, September 05, 2005

Born Again

I wrote this poem in 2002. Believe it or not I found it on a scrap of paper while looking for a document among my 'important papers'. Just thought I'd share it with you.

BORN AGAIN
I heard my Father calling
calling to me one day
and when I paused to hear Him speak
here’s what I heard Him say

“Come, my child I’m here for you
I’ll hold you in my arms
I want to feel you close to me
I’ll keep you from all harm

Don’t worry about your garments red
I’ll make them white as snow
I paid the price for you my child
so very long ago”

That voice I heard so sweet and sure
resounded in my ears
reached empty places in my heart
and vanquished all my fears

My heart of stone was changed to flesh
and I was made anew
The love of God was there for me
despite all I’d been through

Joy unspeakable and full of glory
coursed throughout my veins
Because I knew without a doubt
I had been born again.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Loved this poem. What a treasure you found.