Saturday, September 03, 2005

Taking the wings of the morning

Ps 139:7-10
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(KJV)


When I was younger, I knew of God. To me, He was this far away divine being that I must please by being a ‘good girl’. By ‘far away’ I mean just looking on in my life because I also believed God was omnipresent (everywhere) and omniscient (knew all things). My mental image of God, however, was divinity with a clipboard. Although He was wherever I went, He was just writing on that clipboard: good deeds, bad deeds, heaven? hell? So I tried to please Him on my own and of course, failed miserably. He was still there, though, writing, writing. The presence of God most of the time then was not a comfort to me.

Now that I know my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ it is a joy to know that He is always there, walking with me, talking with me, holding my hands. Sometimes I let go and fall but He picks me up and helps me along again. My heart’s desire now is to ever be close to Him and to know Him more and more. The words below may not be the most original of writings but was in my heart at the time.

Nearer to Thee, nearer to Thee
Oh how I long to be
Nearer to Thee.
As I draw nigh to you
Lord, draw nigh to me
Take me O Lord
Nearer to Thee.

When the storms of life,
They come my way
I get on my knees and begin to pray,
Thank you Lord for giving me all it takes
And forgive me God for all my mistakes
To be near You Lord, that is the key
So take me O Lord, nearer to Thee.

As I come O King to Your throne of grace
And purpose to diligently seek Your face
Complete that work You have started in me
That I might fulfil my destiny.
To do Your will is the reason I live
Yet, not I, but Christ in me
‘Cause all I am is in Thee.

In Your presence Lord is where I am strong
In Your presence is the place I belong
For You are my Source, my Strength and my Shield
To be near You Lord is all that I need.
I love You Lord
That’s the reason I yearn to be
Forever God, nearer to Thee.

Blessings

Kelly

No comments: