Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Days of the Week

I got this in an e-mail and I had to share.


Monday : Wash Day
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.



Tuesday:Ironing Day
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected though the years so that I may see the beauty in others.



Wednesday : Mending Day
O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.



Thursday : Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.



Friday : Shopping Day
O God, give me the grace to " shop " wisely so that what I "choose" will bring eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.



Saturday : Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.




Sunday : The Lord's Day
O! God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

No comments: