Monday, September 25, 2006

Grande Riviere Trip

Since today was a holiday (Republic Day) some members of our church went to Grande Riviere. We normally go there for Independence Day (August 31) but this year we ended up going a little later. It’s a wonderful place, really. When you get there, to your left is a river and to your right is the ocean. What more could a person want? We’re thinking of camping out on the beach for Carnival next year. I think it will be so great especially since the beach has a public resort with bathroom facilities (I bet you can tell I’m not much of a nature girl, huh?). We had a brief service when we arrived and then enjoyed ourselves soaking in the sun, sea and sand.

I can’t swim but I did learn to float today. Yeah! It takes a lot of faith to do that, doesn’t it? Anyway, I had a great time. And to think I didn’t want to go. On the way back the maxi driver put on a Donnie McClurkin CD and it was really beautiful worshipping God and watching the sun set along the coast. I can’t wait for next year!

P.S. You ever notice how after a day at the beach you can almost feel the water lapping over you when you lie down to sleep? I always feel that way. I think it's so cool! :D

No comments: